MAKE a difference this summer, meet new people, gain new skills and inspire youngsters in a unique environment.
The opportunities are there for an exceptional and confident individual to take on the role of Youth Programme Team Leader with Argyle Community Trust for the National Citizen Service (NCS) project.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop their management and leadership skills, and/or to gain invaluable experience in working with young people to join our team this summer.
As a Youth Programme Team Leader, you will oversee a ‘Wave’ of NCS teams delivering a four-week programme of life-changing activities for young people aged between 15 and 17. Each of our NCS teams, comprising a team leader and a mentor, works with a cohort of up to 15 young people over a four-week period.
During that time, each cohort of young people will undertake two residential placements away from home, lasting five days each, as well as designing and delivering a social action project in their local community.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting individual teams across the NCS Summer to deliver these activities in Plymouth and Cornwall, making sure the projects are running smoothly and safely at all times, and that our young people have the best possible experience with us.
Our ideal candidate
Ideally you will have experience of working with young people, but most importantly:
- You will have exceptional and proven leadership skills
- You will be able to motivate your teams to be their best
- You will be highly organised and efficient, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- You will be an excellent problem-solver with the confidence to deal with any issues that may arise and to make the right decisions quickly
- You will be an excellent communicator, comfortable as the single point of contact for your teams and for all other internal and external stakeholders involved in your projects
- You will be someone who thrives under pressure and who is looking for an exciting and rewarding challenge this summer
- You will be available for four weeks, starting from week commencing July 10, 2017
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference this summer, then apply now by completing an application form along with a covering personal statement. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post
FAO Dwain Morgan
Argyle Community Trust
Plymouth Argyle FC
What’s in it for you?
In return, you will be highly remunerated for four weeks of work. You will have the opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills and to gain invaluable experience in working with young people for Argyle Community Trust, a charity with over 20 years’ experience in helping young people reach their potential.
The offer of employment is subject to the provision of satisfactory references and the completion of an enhanced DBS check. You must also have the right to work in the UK.
Argyle Community Trust is wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services to others.