Apprenticeships at Argyle Community Trust
Plymouth Argyle Football in the Community Trust are delighted to offer bespoke apprenticeships to the sport and education sectors, which serve to utilise our organisational expertise across community sport, health, curriculum PE and our wider school sports offer.
Our apprenticeships aspiration is ‘One in All’ – to support EVERY school across the two counties of Devon and Cornwall in having an apprentice. We value the power of physical activity in supporting academic attainment and believe in its potential to help every child realise their full potential. That is why our apprenticeships seek to build resilience across school sports provision and to provide a blend of training and free resources, informed by Masters level study and research.
Our apprenticeships offer includes everything listed below as standard, as we believe high quality apprenticeships consist of nothing less:
- Recruitment service, including advertising, shortlisting of candidates and invitations to interview.
- Fully supported interviews including template questions and a dedicated chairperson on the day.
- Template contracts.
- Timetabled sessions that limit impact on the curriculum.
- Bi-monthly visits to the school to conduct observations and wider training.
- Active curriculum approaches to support the embedding of physical activity across other subjects, so to support pupil academic attainment.
- Masterclasses across an innovative range of sports and activities.
- Opportunities to blend additional training and development through our suite of education specific qualifications.
- Proactive communication and a dedicated contact throughout the duration of your apprenticeship appointment.
Our current apprenticeship offer includes the following apprenticeship standard pathways:
- Level 2 Community Activator Coach
- Level 3 Community Sport and Health Officer
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Level 4 Sports Coach
Apprenticeship pay rates change annually and further information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide/pay-and-conditions.
We will be more than happy to provide further information regarding working hours and costs associated with appointing new apprentice staff, and can furthermore support the continued professional development of existing staff through our bespoke apprenticeships.
For further information and to book an appointment to discuss your organisational apprenticeship training needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to be part of our apprenticeship scheme? Keep checking this page for vacancies across Devon & Cornwall.
Vacancies will appear here.