Hours: 20-40hrs per week dependant on duties; evening/weekend work may be required. Working pattern to be discussed, there is flexibility to include early mornings, daytime, and evening shifts.
Salary: £10,000-£20,000 per annum (dependent upon duties)
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Start Date: February 2022, or as soon as possible
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th January 2022, 5pm
Argyle Community Trust are looking for an enthusiastic, capable, and proactive caretaker to carry out general caretaking duties across our facilities and join our excellent facilities team. The post holder, supported by the Facilities Manager, will be responsible for a range of duties at our Manadon Sports Hub site, including grounds and facilities maintenance, health and safety compliance checks, maintenance of the fabric of the building, security and minor repairs. There may be times where maintenance support is required at other Trust operated sites.
The role is advertised as a part-time position with no assigned cleaning duties or a full-time position inclusive of cleaning duties. Hours, salary, and working pattern can be negotiable for the right candidate but will remain within the parameters outlined above. Please state, within your application, if you are applying for full or part-time (or both).
Argyle Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Argyle Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants on our programmes and promotes robust policies to ensure that our staff and volunteers adhere to safe practices. The successful candidate will be subject to undertaking enhanced DBS checks prior to employment.
If you can meet the specifications and would like to become part of the Argyle Community Trust team, please complete our online application form https://forms.gle/Lr5x7kHHEndy7jAL6
In your application you should draw on relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and voluntary work or training to demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job specification. If you would like further information please contact Actrecruitment@pafc.co.uk and a member of the team will be happy to discuss the position further.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist with room and furniture preparation in accordance with the booking’s diary, ensuring all furniture and equipment is regularly inspected and fit for purpose.
• Occasionally complete the opening and closing of the premises.
• Be available as a first respondent during out of hours to intruder alarm activation, the need for emergency repairs, or to provide site access. Liaising with the police and alarm monitoring company where appropriate.
• Actively support the delivery of our Green Code Policy.
Maintenance and Repairs
• Manage and complete the maintenance programme for the 3G sports pitch and cricket nets, including carrying out scheduled surface brushing of both playing surfaces.
• Frequently inspect building structures, services and grounds to determine condition and the need for repairs or renovations.
• Complete condition reports and carrying out actions or seek professional contractor support where appropriate.
• Manage and implement all aspects of the planned preventative maintenance and repairs schedule and implement solutions for unplanned and emergency works as they arise.
• Supervise and ensure value for money for all building/grounds works, servicing, supplies, and resources.
• Manage the progress of facility projects, grounds, and remedial works.
• Maintain all tools and monitor stock records for fuel, maintenance supplies, and cleaning equipment.
Cleaning and Hygiene
• Ensuring the appearance and cleanliness of our facilities is always of a high standard.
• Managing the cleaning schedules and undertaking frequent cleaning of all areas within the premises.
• Maintain and monitor stock of, maintenance supplies, and maintaining cleaning equipment.
[Cleaning duties associated with full-time post]
• Taking responsibility for the security of the site whilst regularly reviewing procedures to protect the risk of security breaches.
• Ensuring alarms are tested and site has the means to remain secure.
Health and Safety
• Ensuring that cleaning and maintenance products are stored and used in accordance with COSHH regulations
• Carrying out routine testing of fire alarms.
• Ensuring statutory compliance testing, servicing and maintenance of all plant, equipment, and machinery is undertaken and maintaining up to date records for all.
• Keeping an accurate record of preferred contractors and ensuring all contractor work is completed safely according to company and legislative standards and policies.
• Ensuring regular checks and inspections are undertaken in relation to the management of, legionella, electrical testing, fire and all other relevant compliance risks.
• Undertaking relevant training and certification in relation to the role
Full Job Description