Argyle Community Trust are the official charity of Plymouth Argyle Football Club and being part of our local community is of the upmost importance to us. We feel that our aims and objectives during this period of struggle have to remain the same.
Working with long-lasting and well-founded partners, we have come up with a list of offers and promises to our local communities, to be delivered over the coming weeks and months as we are all affected by this ongoing pandemic.
- Donated food, refreshments and essential items to Shekinah Mission and Four Greens Community Trust from our Manadon Sports and Community Hub.
- Used Community Trust vehicles to deliver food and essential items to isolated individuals.
- Been in regular contact via calls/emails to vulnerable young people and the elderly.
- Loaned iPads so that vulnerable and isolated people can remain connected.
- Remotely coached our FIT FANS and Advanced Development Centre players via online interactive sessions.
- Supplied Community Trust PE and teaching assistant specialists supporting schools as essential staff for key workers and vulnerable children..
We continue to:
- Offer digital resources for primary school children including Premier League Primary Stars, BBC Super Movers and Mayflower 400 materials.
- Deliver virtual learning classes for BTEC students and Fresh Start Traineeship participants.
- Set weekly challenges to keep fans of all ages active and entertained.
- Host e-Sports competitions on both PS4 and Xbox to allow 13-16 year old participants a safe environment to compete online whilst maintaining controlled social contact.
- Provide a staffing resource to Plymouth Youth Service for food banks and Plymouth City Council’s Stronger Communities efforts, committing to support the elderly and other vulnerable people across the communities of Plymouth and beyond through our Premier League funded staff.
We will get through this together, supporting our communities, always.
If you need a helping hand at this time feel free to contact us: