Location: East Cornwall & North Devon
Hours: 30 hours per week; evening and weekend work are a requirement of the post
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 (Pro rata) plus benefits
Contract: Permanent position, part time
Reports to: East Cornwall & North Devon Regional Manager
Area: East Cornwall & North Devon
Start Date: October / November 2021
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2021 5pm
Community coaching with Argyle Community Trust is the perfect role for an individual with a passion for sport who enjoys motivating others, being out and about in their local community and who actually gets to have fun whilst they work. The successful candidate will be part of a great team and the role offers the right candidate the opportunity to join us in making a positive difference to the lives of people across the South West. The post holder will be responsible for increasing sports and activities for all within the relevant region(s) and will be involved in the growth, retention and increasing the range of opportunities within these areas.
Argyle Community Trust is looking to recruit a Schools and Community Coach to primarily deliver in a number of schools and also on community centred programmes. As a registered charity, the Community Trust works, in close conjunction with Plymouth Argyle Football Club and with many people across several sectors where sport has proven to be the ideal tool for creating lasting engagement with individuals.
The main focus will be to deliver sport specific and fundamental coaching within primary schools and our extended community provision as well as supporting the sports participation department.
A key function of this role is also to establish and develop sustainable opportunities for participation within the local and surrounding area based on local need, as well as supporting across the two counties to ensure that activities align with our strategic plans.
The candidate must have good, in-depth knowledge of the school’s KS1 &KS2 National curriculum and school sport. Experience of delivering football and Multi skills in a wide range of settings, including schools, sports centres and in varied community work for young people aged 3- 14 years old is essential.
We would also expect the candidate to have a number of other sports coaching or teaching qualifications and be computer literate. In addition to this, the coach must be able to undertake key administrative duties that are associated with the role.
Argyle Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Argyle Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants on our programmes and promotes robust policies to ensure that our staff and volunteers adhere to safe practices. The successful candidate will be subject to undertaking enhanced DBS checks prior to employment.
If you can meet the specifications and would like to become part of the Argyle Community Trust team, please complete our online application form https://forms.gle/Lr5x7kHHEndy7jAL6
In your covering letter you should draw on relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and voluntary work or training to demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job specification. If you would like further information or wish to discuss the post please contact Actrecruitment@pafc.co.uk
For further information about the work of Argyle Community Trust and our strategic aims visit https://argylecommunitytrust.co.uk/about-us/
Community Coach Key duties will be:
To promote the Community Trust business by growing and sustaining activities in East Cornwall and North Devon, in accordance with the Participation Business Plan:
● Deliver comprehensive PE, school sport and curriculum based provision to primary schools within ECND and take responsibility for fulfilling contractual duties with the schools
● Lead and deliver school programmes working alongside Argyle Community partners
● Ensure all targets and outcomes of a programme are completed
● Complete reports for schools’ programme
● Lead coaching on Long Term Player Development Centres
● Deliver on holiday courses across Devon and Cornwall
● Liaise with existing partners to retain and expand our business
● Develop new partners through projects and schools
● Sustain current schools contracts and achieve KPIs for new contracts as set out by the Trust
● Complete reviews and session evaluations for schools
● Increase provision and participant numbers as per development plan set out by the Trust.
● Manage and deliver on a number of development centres for the Trust
● Sustain and develop new after school clubs and deliver on after school clubs within East Cornwall & North Devon.
● Be willing to work evening and weekends to meet the demands of the job
● Deliver Mental Health support lessons to children in KS3
● Use resources provided to plan and lead on Mental Health support sessions
● Assist lead staff members on weight management programme in ways such as building repour with participants and refereeing.
● Complete all data entry for all participants within the sports participation remit
● Assist VIEWS lead for ECND area, attending meeting set out by Data and Analysis Officer
● Complete office and administrative duties as instructed by line manager
● Work with the Lead Data and Analysis Officer to ensure correct monitoring procedures are undertaken
● Ensure monitoring is completed and daily reports are inputted
● Promote Equality and Diversity in all tasks undertaken.
● Participate in Argyle Community Trust CPD to support own development and development of others.
● Operate under ACT’s Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures and liaise with Designated Safeguarding Officer when appropriate, ensuring risk assessments are in place and delivery is compliant with Trust and FA policies.
● Contribute and take part in training updates and CPD events.
● Develop healthy relationships with other staff to allow for a culture of constructive feedback, debate and discussions around coaching development.
● Ensure quality session planning is in place for Centres and National Curriculum (Schools)
● Assist in ensuring coaching files and HR records are maintained and up to date.
● Participate in Quality Assurance checks in order to maintain high standards
● Uphold Argyle Community Trust’s EDI policy and ensure the principles are put into practice.
● Complete July National Citizen Service as a Team Leader
● Attend NCS training as required by the Trust
● Attend Fit and Fed Holiday programmes
● Liaise with other full and part-time/casual coaching staff
• Maintain and organise kit and equipment taking responsibility for efficient use and careful husbandry of resources and Trust property and ensuring logs and inventories are kept up to date.
● Liaise with schools, venues, community groups and partners
Full Job Description