Argyle Community Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated individual to organize, coordinate and deliver our brand-new Match Day Activities package that is being introduced for the 2021/2022 EFL League 1 season. Additional duties will include being responsible for the development of sport for the Trust outside of the Football setting.
The position will be based in Plymouth, across our sites; the candidate will be expected to work across the Argyle Community Trust as and when needed and this will include some weekends and evening work.
The role as Match Day Activities Coordinator will be to market, recruit, liaise, coordinate and deliver our Match Day packages to grassroots clubs and youth groups. The Coordinator will have to ensure all packages are fully recruited each Match Day including confirmation of logistics in place for every package to guarantee delivery of the highest professional standards. The management and organisation elements of this post will include responsibility for ensuring that packages are correctly staffed, facilities are booked, catering is in place, events of the day are timetabled and communication to all involved is clear. The Coordinator will be responsible for making sure each participant has the best possible Match Day experience alongside gaining feedback from them in order to improve and evolve our match day offering.
The Sports Development aspect of the role will include widening our sporting offering at our facilities of Manadon Sports & Community Hub & Central Park Hub and in other venues we currently operate from. Alongside this, the post holder will improve relationships & build partnerships with external organisations to expand our provisions. The successful candidate will work closely with senior staff in the participation and facilities teams.
The candidate must understand the importance of monitoring and evaluating impact and be confident in ICT and data entry. This is a part of the role which will help develop the Trust’s reports and feedback to its multiple partners.
As a registered charity, the Community Trust works in close conjunction with Plymouth Argyle Football Club and with many people across several sectors where sport has proven to be the ideal tool for creating lasting
education and engagement with individuals.
The post is a full-time position.
Argyle Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Argyle Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants on our programmes and promotes robust policies to ensure that our staff and volunteers adhere to safe practices. The successful candidate will be subject to undertaking enhanced DBS checks prior to employment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this role then please complete the application form https://forms.gle/kXAmGC47DSdmhU4y5 and submit a covering letter to ACTemail@example.com
In your covering letter and application form you should draw on all relevant aspects of your experience, including paid employment and/or voluntary work and training to demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities match the requirements of this job specification above.
Reportable to: Regional Participation Manager Plymouth
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract term: Permanent, full time
Closing date: Friday 2nd July 2021 5pm
Key Duties will include:
There will be some management responsibility in terms of managing the relevant recruitment and activities on matchday including:
- Family Activity area
- Matchday Magic
- Play on Pitch
- American Shoot out
- Manage staff and co-ordination on matchdays
- Liaison with key staff at Plymouth Argyle F.C.
- Manage key stakeholders.
- Working with local leagues, community organisations and partners to recruit for Match Day
provisions including mascots
- Ensuring target numbers and KPIs are met for each provision
- Being creative with recruitment ideas
- Working alongside the marketing team to publish the offers to the wider community
- Creating bespoke offers for identified fan groups and participants
Organisation & Delivery
- Planning highly quality activity and programmes to be delivered at a professional standard
- Clear communication with external groups, ensuring all details are provided
- Managing and coordinating staffing roles and responsibilities set out and outlined before each Match Day or Sporting Programme
- Facilities booked in line with scheduled events
- Creating and implementing Risk Assessments associated with activities delivered as a part of Match Day offering and ensuring that these are in line with Home Park stadium operating procedures.
- Liaising with chef to ensure catering is as required. Including number of meals and dietary requirements are covered
- Ensuring that all safeguarding procedures are adhered to and executed during the delivery of Match Day activities in line with Argyle Community Trust’s Safeguarding policies
- Ensuring the correct equipment is provided to staff for Match Day Provisions
- Fulfilling all aspects of Match Day offering to customers.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and how to keep young people safe and promote safe practices
- Ability to interpret and create risk assessments to ensure that activities are conducted in a safe and healthy manner, taking responsibility for the wellbeing of self, students and colleagues
- Undergo regular QA monitoring and coaching observations and participate in in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant programmes
- Liaising with colleagues, line manager and other departments
- To understand fully the expectations for each activity and programme
- Gaining feedback from customers to improve and develop current offers
- To ensure data entry of numbers via our substance views system
- To collate feedback and use to improve provisions
- Provide report of statistics of attendees via provisions
Job DescriptionMatch Day Coordinator and Sports Dev Officer Job Description