Plymouth Argyle Football player Peter Grant is confirmed as the Argyle Community Trust’s ambassador for writing competition celebrating diversity.
Working with the Premier League we are running a poetry competition centred on the theme of diversity, inspired by the poem written especially for this competition; Beautifully different, Wonderfully the same by Joseph Coelho. The poem and subject encourage us to think of ways to celebrate similarities and differences that bring us together, hoping that pupils will learn about diversity through poetry and help them write their own poem to enter the Writing Stars Competition.
Open to all children aged 5 – 11 (KS1 and KS2), from any school, make sure you enter for your chance to win some amazing prizes. The competition will be judged by our panel, including stars from the world of football, poetry and music.
Email entries to email@example.com with the subject: PLStars Poetry Competition
Submissions Open Tuesday 6 November 2018
Submissions Close Friday 21 December 2018
- Individual or group entries are allowed for Key Stage 1, only individual entries for Key Stage 2.
- Poems should be no more than 20 lines or 150 words and be on the theme of diversity.
- Pupils can continue the “Beautifully different, Wonderfully the same” poem or start a new poem. Poems can be of any structure and don’t have to rhyme.
Pupils will be able to:
- work collaboratively in a team
- plan their writing through discussion and recording
- read a review a range of poetry
- learn to appreciate rhymes and poems
- draft and write by composing and rehearsing and building a rich vocabulary
- read aloud their own writing.